Learnings in Lockdown

I am inundated with cake recipes since the last two days.  Well wishers are all feeling sorry for me and helping by sending me cake recipes without baking powder, baking soda, yeast, flour, sugar , vanilla essence and baking tray. I am truly loved.  For my mental well being, I meditate with Sri Sri twice a day. And for what to cook, I rely on my family or friends. There is so much on offer on the internet. I am barely able to read all my messages. I am not able to see all the people Live on FB and Gram. I want to be with my phone and learn to Zumba or dance or something new. But I do not have the time for it. I take good two hours nap in the afternoon. Being on the phone with all forwards on how to take care in these challenging times is draining.  Plus there is housework. I am happy to be wearing only a few pairs of clothes through the Lockdown. I barely comb my hair or file my chipped nails. I was never the meticulous groomed person ever but I always want to be one. I want to be someone who looks cool, calm and collected at all times plus glamorously beautiful. In these times, such thoughts breeze in more. 

People are playing indoor games with their families on Zoom and House Party. I am wondering is it before they do the dishes or after they wash the toilet. Everyday this Lockdown is making me realise how inefficient I am. Why can I not be ready with my meal plan or rather the meals early in the morning? In Jharia, Mom used to cook on the 'Chulha'. When the meal was ready, She used to remove one piece of burning coal on the side, add one bite of roti, dal, sabji, rice n ghee on it. It would make a sizzling sound. This was food being offered to Agni Devta. The Fire helped you in cooking of your food, so one made the first offering to Fire. Every element of Nature is given so much respect in our culture. The first plate was filled after the offering to Agni Dev. The digestive system is also called JathrAgni. The Manipur Chakra which is the one above your navel has your digestive system. The element associated with this Chakra in Solar Plexus is Fire. Very interesting how our ancestors knew 108 Nerve centres in our body much before Science was present in any part of the world, and the 109th Chakra is above the Saharsha Chakra.  Every day when I am doing Meditation with Sri Sri, I am stunned by the knowledge of our Rishis. The Planetary system, talking about multiple Brahmaand, the exact growth of the foetus in the mother s womb and so much more they knew. Imagine then the Indians who tell us we are backward, we are a poor country, we are an underdeveloped country etc etc. I mean they just do not know the India the way we know. Yes we lacked infrastructure and hygiene but that is because of the rulers n their greed.  Right now, I want to follow all our age old customs from my Grandmother's times because I know I may not understand the 'Why' behind it but it will definitely be for my good. The 'why' is also a Western interpretation because for higher studies, one has to go to the Western universities. These are the same places which when they teach about India,  they only talk of caste system. Each Indian has experienced racism whenever he has travelled abroad. 

We never took water from the Matka or the earthen pot with our shoes on or with dirty hands. Dadi used to light a Diya near the two large pots we had. Water was never thrown from there. It was used for cooking or washing vegetables, grains etc. We were never allowed to keep a used glass near the Matka. It was a strict no no. Tulsi, Peepul tree and Banyan tree were worshipped and watered everyday. Pets were not kept at home. No animal or bird was caged. No worries of animal hair or asthma. Lot of healthy practices where we respected Nature. 

Coming back to Chakras, every Chakra is associated with a musical instrument too. The Vishuddhi Chakra or the throat chakra s instrument is a flute or a Baansuri. The Agna Chakra the one between out eyebrows, the musical instrument is Conch and bells. The ancient temples built with Vedic knowledge. Each Mandir had 7 doorways or entrances representing the 7 Chakras. Each Dwaar had particular musical instrument associated with it. The entrance had big drums that is the Mooladhaar Chakra, which is at the base of the spine. The third eye Chakra is where the main Murti of Ishwar is located. The conch and the bells/ Ghanti are played there. Yog was totally connected to the science of the Human body to the architecture of the temples. The healing music or rather Healing by Music which people think is a new age discovery is basically from our Rishis.  Washing hands, bathing, fasting, not mixing certain foods which can harm the body, not eating heavy meals post sunset, waking up in the Brahma Muhurat... all of these basic things have  long-lasting benefits not only on our body but our mind and well being too. 

All of us know most of this but in real life, Netflix and MSM takes over. We want to be globalist clones where we say bathing is not important and cooking fresh meals is not possible. We want to eat ready made meals or food from packets full of preservatives. We do not like the basic food of Dal Chawal Sabji or Khichdi. We just want fancier food, fancy cars and a fancy lifestyle. We really believe this Fancy Dress party is for real.

Notes to myself:
Respect every element in your life. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Shraddh period in Hinduism

Antakshari