Dariya Kinaare Ek Bungalow....

I love sitting on a desk with the laptop open. It gives me a sense of power. Most of my calls  with friends and family are when I am in kitchen pottering around. Sitting on the laptop makes me keep my back straight. I feel I am organised when I am sitting like that. It is so easy to organise the folders on your laptop. Organising a home is not the same. You have to bend and work hard. Am  I wanting to feel "Corporate"? Usually I feel very inept when people are talking about work . Most working people also manage their homes but when you manage only home then that becomes your world. Now, I do not even attempt to join in any 'corporate' conversations. I feel my knowledge is not up to date and people may find it weird. Most times, I am just not interested in making a point. It is too much of an effort to sound intelligent. So many people are doing that all the time. When you reach these times or should I say when you reach my age, you learn to back off. "You want to make a point and prove your theory right, Go ahead, the floor is all yours." I am being selective about my battles. E These days, people call to check on you and say all kinds of things to you albeit with a dose of kindness. I do not even think they are aware that they have punched me in the gut. My Aunt said since the Mithaai shops are closed in Dhanbad, they make all mithaai at home. Uff, I cannot make anything beyond "Kheer" and I have made a good "Lapsi" ka Prasaad, once for a Puja at home. I had promised myself, I will not write about Lockdown or Food in the Lockdown. But what to do, I do not want to think about the growing Maharashtra numbers or the Palghar Sadhu killings. I shall brush it all under the carpet and wait for someone else to be a warrior. 

 Meanwhile, I shall stay safe at home unaffected by what is happening outside. Some time in life, it will just be a topic for a party conversation. Those meaningless chit chats we have waiting for the dinner to be served. But I am not able to run away from what is happening inside of me. The inside gets reflected in my outer world. I am not liking what I see. The energy gets drained. People with large families say they have a lot of work as the number of people have different demands. People living on their own, say there is no one to share their workload. Came to know of a just married couple who have kept a live in house help as they could not cope with cooking and housework during Lockdown. I was thinking it would be so romantic to be able to cook and clean together but Naah, this new gen couple, thinks otherwise. Right now, the people who are happy are the ones with house help. The rest are all tired. Our dear friends and family living in the West, do not miss a chance to tell us, we do this work all the time. Looks like we are the rich spoilt kids in the world with the luxury of good house help. 


I am not seeing all those websites which have made so many books and films, free to watch. I wonder who is watching all that. Screen time tires me more than the housework. Brother told me the real estate rates have gone down, so I should buy a larger apartment in a neighbouring new building. Yes, the same building which kept all its facade lights on right through three years of construction. My friend told me that I should ask the Landlord for a lower rent as the real estate market had dipped.  I have told the Man of the house that I want to live in a Bungalow now, as the real estate is down. Once in one's life, one must live in a bungalow. Have a garden, plants and trees. Hubby wants the sea view and is happy with what he has. But me, no ways. I have started convincing him from now for a bungalow so that before the next pandemic hits the world, I have a lawn to walk on and the feel of dew drenched green grass under my feet. Am sure it will be much better than a salon pedicure which I was planning post Lockdown. Shubh Shubh Bolo.  Really pathetic to want something better in expectation of  bad times. I pray to Ishwar that another Pandemic doesn't hit mankind and I still get to have a Bungalow to live in. Have always wanted to live in a proper Bungalow once in my life. I loved  and adored all my relatives' and friends' Bungalows in Dhanbad. I am going to tell the Man that we will get a Bungalow with a sea view, as simple as that. 

Dariya Kinaare Ek Bungalow go pori Jayi o Jayi.... Just checked the lyrics of this song from my childhood. I always thought it was a Gujarati song which went as ' Dariya kinaare ek bungalow gotiyo re, hai o hai.  It is a duet and the loose translation is I have found a bungalow by the sea. I thought the man is singing to his lady love that I have found a seaside bungalow for you . On seeing the video, I realised it was the girl wanting a Bungalow by the sea and telling the man about it. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism