Adieu 2017

Thoughts and feelings have a way of going away. Yet we give so much importance to them. There are so many thoughts that come in the whole day. I cannot even imagine recording so much. Low energy phase is on. People are chilling in the winters. The climate is telling us to back off and release the pedal. It is the same noise of the construction of the Metro and building repairs around me but the dust and noise is bothering less. Last week of the year is that dark part of the night when you are in deep slumber. A friend said that if  a year passed by too soon, then it was a good year. Bad times pass slowly. All along, I used to think, if the year passed by quick then may be I did not do enough. 

All mothers who think they are cool moms are actually hyper moms who micro manage their kids' lives. Then the other category of mothers always think they cannot relax because they have children. I want to know what the children ate at a party. When children are invited for a birthday party, I am like a cranky kid, who did not get the invite. I don't care about the games they play or the fun they have. That is obvious as they are with friends. I just miss the outside food. I just want my kitchen to rest for one meal. With a cook coming in twice a day, even if we are out for a meal, I ask her to make a dry snack for us. In short, the kitchen keeps churning meals all the time. And yet the pasta never tastes like the restaurant pasta and the fried rice is not like the one we love at China One. I know all about home food being better for health and cooked in hygienic conditions. But it is never the same. 

Took my younger one to the main vegetable market. She just coughed and coughed with the smell of green chilly in the air. It was hilarious how I molly coddle my children. Carrying bags and helping parents is something children need to be taught. Are we pampering ourselves too much? End of the year is a time to pamper one's self and the loved ones. Do all the things you wanted to do and could not. Go to meet your friends. Coffee dates are fine but sit in your friend's kitchen as she makes tea for you. Clear the clutter at home and make some space for 2018. Let somethings go. Gift a few things away without expecting something in return. Save some paper by not wrapping gifts. Write a few essays or affirmations. Write in your mother tongue or any language you know and do not use often. Colour, paint, clean and go easy on yourself. Go easy on others too. 

Give a fond adieu to 2017.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism