Touchy Topics

The radio ads are so suggestive. When I am travelling in the car with the driver, it is actually embarrassing to listen to the kind of content which is being spewed.

The festive season has come starting with Raksha Bandhan next week, followed by Janmashtmi, Ganpati and we are on a roll. The shops do not have the festive stuff or the festive look. The Giri Puja Store sales person said that people shop for Ganpati in the last five days. In other words, "Kindly do not be so enthusiastic and come so early asking for stuff which is still in shipment". Me thinking of planning and getting things in advance to avoid the festival rush is not a good idea. I do last minute stuff only for my personal things and the school projects. Those are things where all laziness creeps in.
Am amazed at the number of vacations people are taking. Long weekend and short weekend, train and road travel, Tashkent and Thane, people are moving all the time. I have become one of those Bombayites who think their world starts and ends with Mumbai. The travel bug has not hit me. I have issues travelling from home to Kandivili. Do you think I will be left behind in my quest of the world? How much can I surf the net and expect to learn and remember? Do I not need short breaks as those fashion magazines suggest? Isn't it supposed to be rejuvenating and bringing the spark in your life? I am not even eating less at home, the magazines are suggesting that I do not binge on vacations. The holidays come with a different sets of dos and don'ts. There is nothing like a relaxing holiday. I do not even sit still at home, so I have to utilise the vacation by packing in enough sightseeing or things to do.

 I thought Spontaneous is not me, except in my writing. Every thing else is thought out and weighed in terms of money, time and relationships. "What will be the impact of it?" is the most important question which is leading my life. Its like, I want to write and I am so worried if the writing will have some thoughts which I have heard from friends. I do not want to offend them. The family will know who I am writing about or which incident I am referring to, so I will not touch those topics. 'Touchy Topics' is what I am scared of. I cant believe that I will be able to write without offending anyone. Friends say something and I am dying to write a post about it with my views but I know they are my readers. I write for you and I am scared of you. What if you get upset about it? I do not know how fearless writers are. I am not willing to look at it. Right now, it is about leaving touchy topics alone. Am not happy when I make faux pax while talking. At least you are tolerant of my writings. Will I be forgiven if I write on touchy topics? All of us have different touchy topics. What is yours?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism