Gadget friendly, I am not.

I am staring at the DVDs and CDs lying all around the house. I have never seen or heard them. I keep thinking I will do it one day. I am better with books. Even if they are all over the house, I feel intellectual about it. CDs and DVDs do not give me any such high. In fact I am quite irritated with them. None have been bought by me. We are a family which never watches a film on the DVD player. I don't even know if the  DVD player works as we have not used it for years. My solution to all the things which I can not operate or do not know how to operate, is to give it away. I have even given away grill toasters and juicers because I was not comfortable using them. I felt the toast turned better on the Tawa and the juice came out better in a mixer/grinder. I am not too comfortable with kitchen gadgets or any other gadgets. I feel most are used once in a while and occupy so much space in the house. I am uneasy about using things which cant be washed well. I do not like a grill toaster or toaster grill for the same reason. I have to wipe it and reuse it.Its not that I am a fanatic about cleanliness. My standards are not high at all. I am a' non gadget' friendly person. I have not even reached the high end gadgets. The house wife in me still does not like to use a non stick Tawa.

 I do want to learn and try using new things but to acquire them and make them a part of my life is not something I do. Some of my friends think I am crazy about brands. I think the same about some of my other friends. Its very easy to have an opinion about what someone is spending and on what kind of products. People have an issue even if someone donates a lot. Some think it is not the hard earned money or it is black money, so people are donating it. I feel people with cupboard full of shoes and bags are mad. These are the brand hoarders. They feel brands will be passed through generations like gold and diamonds. I have friends investing in paintings. I feel that is luxury of the ultimate kind.But its so easy to see other people's indulgences. Mine is to collect kitchen napkins and gift them. I can't resist good pretty kitchen napkins. The good or the sad part is that I gift away most of them. I use one percent of what I buy. Buying and gifting is my passion or indulgence.I do not mean high amounts of money. Do I feel intelligent? No, I feel loved.

Things have a feeling and emotion attached to it. For each one of us, it will be different. Its just that we give value to some, ignore some and dislike some things. The same we do with people. Like some, love some, ignore some and dislike some. We have our valid reasons for each.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism