Time nahin! No time.

Mumbai people believe in bragging that they have no time. All over the world and in Delhi, people brag about the things they have. Mumbai is different. Here the people love saying that "They have no time." The local Marathis have an amazing sentence 'Ushir zaala' which means it has become late or I am running late or you have come late, depending on the punctuation mark after the two words. Having no time and I am busy are words of the nouveau rich. They want to show that the world runs on their shoulders or something equally ridiculous. Apart from I am busy is the biggest snub you can give someone. People can be busy some days or some hours. How can it be an everyday affair. Everyone is working and most are fulfilling their responsibilities too. But this whole thing about being busy, having no time and running late, irritate me no end.

I have an over weight friend who is only running after her two children including dropping picking up from school and tuition , teaching them, helping with their projects etc, plus running the house. She has no time for a walk. Since her home and school are far, he day is spent behind her wheels.Self Health is not a priority for her. She doesn't realise that she is able to drive and run around as her body supports her now. A little walk will go a long way for her. Another friend runs the marathon. I asked him to read three books on Marathon mentioned in an article. He told me he has no time to read his own work and there is no way he can read a book. He is super fit and has run nine marathons so far. Another friend is working and travels a lot. She has no time to visit friends or even meet them at a common place. She is proud of the fact that she is busy with her work and her house errands.  Since all are friends, my concern for them is genuine. I am also worried how their lives are when they do not read, do not meet friends and do not take care of themselves. For me life without friends, family, books seems boring. I can't apply my idea of boring to them. They are happy the way they are. Asking them to have time to stand and stare will be too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism