How do you identify with love?

Sometimes when I write, I wish to complete on all my friends comments, shares and feedbacks. But the mind is coming up with some other things to write or I have exhausted myself of that topic for the time being. Please bear with me for that.
Had attended the family day of Chinmaya Mission at the Chinmaya Ashram in Powai. There was a talk given by a Swamiji. She asked what is Love? Why we want Love and Respect? All gave explanations and answers. She gave us the Swami Chinmaya s definition. He said Love is identification. I am sharing what I got for myself and figured for myself with it.

If you identify with a thing, you love it. If I identify with a value, I love that in a person. If I identify with a quality and if someone has it I love that person. Its like if I think aggressiveness is a good quality in today s tough world, then when I see someone aggressive, I automatically appreciate that quality in the person. I may not love the person but I respect that bit in the person. So if money matters a lot to me and I see a rich man, I appreciate / respect him for the money. this is on the assumption that I do not know how he made his money by fair or unfair means. Now in my morality, fairness has a high value. So I look for people being fair vis a vis unfair. I love and respect them in a certain way. Its only the qualities we identify with. i had friends who were into sports and they thought a man has to be sporty. Some have actually married men, who are still into playing a sport. So the qualities which I think are good, I love and appreciate it in others. And I do not think that all good qualities which I consider good will be the same as what others consider good. So the aggressiveness example I gave was far removed from what I believe in. In fact I get irritated when people tell me that children should be street smart. I fail to see the need for it.

But I know I like people who are straight and do not play games. I am almost always surrounded by or attracted by those kind of people. I identify with good grooming. I could be much more well groomed. So when I see someone who is immaculately turned out, I really respect that person. Its a quality I deeply admire. I can go on and on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism