'Me' time

What is this Me time all the women keep talking about? The working women talk about it and the new mothers also. There are reams of paper spent on this Me time. I think the spas are churning out lot of this Me time thing to increase their business.

Its become like a movie promotion. First they will talk about an alleged affair, then an alleged showdown. Earlier it would be how the actor shared his ghar ka khaana with the whole unit and now it will be how the actor cooked for the whole unit. Then there will be those accidents and how the stars shot in spite of a crack in the bone and high fever. Can't the PR companies come up with some innovative stuff? All these promotions are so cliched. Now the star just picks up a fight in a five star hotel or a pub and gets the required mileage. Its become boring reading this kind of stuff. They say paparazzi and in India that's a joke. These people clicking are paid by the star's PR machine. If a poor photographer tries a personal pic, the editor won't run it with the fear of the backlash or a phone call. The reader is able to see through all these gimmicks. Can we have some new stuff please?

Every Hollywood star talking in our press about how they love India and want to come to India. This is where the moolah is but don't come to us with your oh so superior attitude. In India MDNA is creative and Rabbi is not. I like Madonna Rihanna fitness and I dont want to see Mika s paunch. So what if I understand Mika s singing more than Umbrella from Rihanna. Madonna s songs which were easier to understand were her earlier ones. The latest music is beyond me.

So in my ME time, am I supposed to go to a spa which charges a bomb with false promises? Or should I listen to music I cant understand? Then find the lyrics on Google and try to hum the song? Am I supposed to go for retail therapy to the malls where foreign brands are actually selling old stock? The old stock manages to look old despite the clever lighting?And not to forget the sales people s attitude? Wonder if they are trained to help the store sell or discourage customers by looking down at them? In my Me time, am I supposed to meet like minded people where each one wants to outshine the other in all the new age stuff they know? Am I supposed to sit in the coffee shop and look at the world go by when there are lots of little errands to be run? Am I supposed to chat with a friend on the phone with the latest gossip? Am I supposed to have a boyfriend for de stress?

All I want to do is what is meant to be done. What are the things to be done for home, hubby, kids,friends and family. I am happy cleaning my cupboards and cooking for the family. I am happy going for hair oil massage after Holi. I am happy when I am just managing to complete my days tasks and sleep after solving Sudoku and crossword. I am happy when I manage to get up in time for yoga. I am happy when I buy the right gift for the host where I am going for dinner. I am happy when me and my designer friend share two sweet words before I pay her the balance amount. I am happy when a friend texts something he has read. I am happy when my sister drops in to give hot puri and aloo sabji made by my cook for Dhanbad. I am happy when the taxiwalla is calm while talking. I am happy when I manage to read an old edition of Speaking tree which I have saved for two weeks. I am happy when my fans are cleaned. I a happy when our child learns the poem Aamwalla. I am happy when I meet my yog friends in the morning. I am happy when the istriwala dhobi comes on time. I am very happy when the maids come on time. This all is my Me time and I am happy about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism