Kahaani it is !!!

Am just back from catching the afternoon show of a film called Kahaani. Went for the film alone after a lot of encouragement from the husband. Not that I have not seen films on my own. I don't like to watch sad films alone. I went feeling all Bold and Beautiful. Courtesy the multiplexes,the single theater near our house was a quarter full.

I knew Sujoy, the writer director and more of the film when I was working at The Oberoi group of hotels. He was working for Reuters and I would be visiting his office for business. They did generate a lot of hotel business. He was this suave cool young looking man, who was absolutely cool. He treated people with respect and casualness which was an amazing combination. He grew very fast in the organization. When the company moved to a larger office at Ballard pier, he had a nice large cabin to himself. I remember seeing a Stardust magazine once on his desk and asking him about it. Men reading a film magazine, that too corporate yuppies, was not a done thing. He did mention liking Hindi films. As an asst manager of a five star hotel chain, this answer from a client was a little too truthful. Those days Hindi films were not cool. We all were busy pretending how we loved English movies and the American music. I never had a penchant for any as I just could not follow the language spoken or sung.

Then I bumped into Sujoy at CCD on Carter Road when he was about to release Aladin. His Jhankaar Beats was brilliant and to manage Amitabh Bacchan, our all time Superstar in one's film was a big thing for anyone. He was still the same person. After watching this film, I can defintely say the film is a total surprise. Every aspect of it is so beautiful. Its so true to the fabric of the story. And that must have required a huge teamwork and an amazing vision. One can feel the flow and the rythm in the film. No one has captured Kolkata in all its glory, the way this film has. The music actually supports without intruding. You may come out humming only one line Ekla Cholo re.

And no this is not a PR article. I had to write this without it sounding like a movie review. Dreams do turn into reality. The question is 'Am I ready to work for my dream?'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism