Sea Lounge

When I write about a guy, it is not to cast aspersions on the guy or his family or the middle people who show us the boy or my family who wish to see me settled. It is just that the world is full of all kinds of people and I am sharing the impressions I had as a twenty something. I definitely don't want to criticize anyone. Telling you , frees me up. So thank you for listening.

I had just started working. There came a guy, we met at the renowned Taj. By now the 'Sea Lounge' waiters must be recognizing me as all the meetings would be there. I d pray that the waiters are discreet or a different one at our table or the meeting is on a different shift. Sea Lounge is this incredibly beautiful tea/ coffe/ snacks place at the old Taj.Calling it a coffe shop would be blasphemy. The moment you climb the red carpeted staircase of the old taj, you start walking with your shoulders drawn back and your chin up. It has the regal air about it. The seating is sofas drawing room style and the view is the shimmering Arabian sea with ferries and maybe a cruise liner docked far off into the sea. The Gateway of India stands tall and on the window tables, one could even see the pigeons. Picture perfect view with some imperfect meetings.
I remember an Uncle from Kolkata came with his daughter and took me to Sea Lounge.I forgot to tell you, with all its grandeur, the menu had street food. The sev puri with chutneys in fancy silver jars, was awesome. I was so excited and thrilled. Uncle had given me a packet and when I came to the hostel, I saw dry fruits. That was such a joy. All came to visit me with chocolates and I never ate chocolates.My friends in the hostel must have enjoyed them while I enjoyed relatives visiting me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism