I am a free bird

Every time I try to write about Mumbai, I land up writing about Jharia n Dhanbad. So today I am going to keep that far off past behind and talk about the recent past.

For example,Far off is partying, Recent past is family dinners. Far off past was buying cards for your boyfriend, now it is sexting your married boyfriend. Far off past was waiting at the STD booth and dialing away to get thru, recent past is picking up your cellphone and pressing speed dial. Far off was sev puris, recent past was pav bhaji. Far off was pista milkshake at Sukh Sagar, recent past was water melon juice. Far off was Donuts only at Breach Candy in the whole of Mumbai and that too for Rs 5, recent past was Birdies cake and Croissants outlets all over the city. Far off past was Baskin Robbins at Natraj hotel by the sea side, recent past is Gelatos. Far off past was Kulfi at Kulfi centre , chowpatty , recent past is Strawberries n cream at Bachelors. Far off was hitching , recent past was having friends with cars. Far off was safe Mumbai, recent past was bomb blasts at Air India, worli, stock exchange.Far off was fond memories, recent was how things have changed. Far off was stolen glances across the road, recent was a smile and a hand shake.

Far off past and the recent past both exist in my mind and both are crystal clear. The act of joys and sorrows co exist, not in reality, but in the past. Far off or recent, how does it matter? For me it is all there, the first impression and the subsequent ones. I carry all this as I speed along in life. Weighing consequences, playing safe, judging from the past events, evaluating the pros and cons, analysing what and who will benefit me in the long run and my short term gains and not trusting people. After all this, I call myself spontaneous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism