Guy 2

Must share about a guy I had to see for marriage. My cousin n her hubby took me to a friend s place for a party. The friend was the Guy. Good looking , rich and beautiful house with a balcony. House also had an ethnic swing and paintings on the walls. Very tasteful and so unlike a Gujju household. Gujarati houses are 'oh so interior decorator' made. There is no planning involved by the women folk. Not because the men consider their women inferior but most Gujju women do not have good taste in aesthetic or artistic things. They are good cooks and good shoppers. They run the house with 'Karkasar' which means with sensible expenditure no wasteful stuff. But the creativity in the aesthetic appeal of the house ends here. I am being biased, as being a Gujarati, I have visited lots of Gujarati houses. But this house was unique and the guy s sister was a curator and an art gallery owner. Nice gathering of married couple and new parents. I was completely out of place and the guy hardly even spoke to me.
The sweet cousin tried to fix me up but it is very difficult to fit into the typical Bambaiya mould. Bombayites in most cases want to marry women only from Mumbai. Their conversations and comfort levels are the best with people born and bred in the city. This is very prevalent in Gujaratis. Remember hearing a rumor that his mom had died years ago by jumping from the same balcony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism