Chikni Chameli

Chikni Chameli is the song for the young women of today. The ones I talked about who want to get married but don't want to get caught. So every time they get an opportunity to find a partner, they go all out and then slip away at the last minute. The English version of Chikni chameli is called The Runaway Bride. You are hot n happening and slippery.
Whats wrong with me?I seem to be in this unmarried single women bashing mode. Don't know if the men will like these views of mine. If all women get married, who will the men lech at? I have lots of friends who say that after marriage n babies , a woman ages. With me around, they always mention about how weight increases post 40. If I even mention about feeling tired, the women friends say it must be the hormonal changes. The more concerned ones told me I am nearing menopause. After hearing that I did not die, I decided to write about them. I have no issues with aging only dying.

The Swimming pool at the complex I go to has not yet picked up pace. Mumbaites have this huge winter conversation as they are not exposed to anything but heat and rains. I have been lapping in the luxury of having the whole pool to myself and that too by the sea. Koh Samui can wait.

The house help left for her home town. She is not from a village, she is from Jharia, my hometown too.I had lot of mood swings ever since she informed me of her desire to go home for a holiday. This morning was the first day without her. I walked aimlessly in the house like a love lost teenager. Tried to get into the house work mode instead of the remote control I was operating on. Saw a small bowl with almonds soaked by her kept in the corner. I am so touched. She also remembered to remind me to call the milkman and cancel delivery of milk as there was excess in the house. As usual, I don't value people and acknowledge them when they are around. Its always talking about the past with regrets. I could have done better. I could have loved more. I could have stayed calm. I could have shown my appreciation. I could have made that call. I could have done that work. I could have told him once that I love him. I could have supported her through the breakup. I could have stood for the truth. I could have put my foot down. I could've not made a big deal about it. I could have spent some more time with them. I could have smiled and shared. I could have cried and still made up. I could have given as good as I got.
But all of us have a Chikni Chameli in us. We slip out n we slip away.

Comments

  1. Very well written Parul- so nice. I think this one by far is my vourite writes of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism