Art in the act

I feel I am getting repetitive with my thoughts and ideas. Its the same narrow minded me, churning out the same stuff day after day. Monotony has set in for me in cooking, in my writing, in my yoga class, in my house cleaning and we are only on the fourth day of the New year. Mumbai is gearing up for the marathon. I am trying to find joy in improving my fitness levels. The friends who ignore me , continue doing so in the New year too. The same jokes and same holy forwards. Where is the Spunk?
The missing thing is within me. I have to practise it, till it becomes a part of my system. Happiness is a practised art, like sadness. People perfect the art of being unhappy, sad and cribbing. There is a new art of putting the onus on others. In this art, you have to be the victim and put the blame of all non working things in your life on others. If your career is not going great guns, it is because you didn't go to a good B school. If your wife is having an affair, its because the other man 'phasaaoed' her. If your maid doesn't come, its because the other Bhabhi she works for is a bad one. If you reach late, its the driver who doesn't know roads. If you are divorced, her family was bad. If you are unmarried, its because all good men are married. If your children are spoilt, its their friend circle. You wanted to say Yes, but the circumstances forced you to say No.

The list is endless.The key is to sound original. The point is never to take ownership. The act to maintain is I am helpless. The intention has to be as if you really meant it to work. Just remember, you are not responsible for anything in your life and you are really trying hard.

If someone advises you, just say all this never works. Better still say, I have tried it all before. If someone still insists, say it is my life and I only have to do every single thing. 'I have no support' is the line which works the best. To make it melodramatic say 'I am all alone in this.' Never say "poor me". That has to be said by the audience and then you know have perfected your act.

Choose your act wisely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism