Thru the looking glass

Everyday I promise myself that I will write everyday. I break the promise promptly the next day. I have no one to answer to for writing my blog. Today if I was working and had to deliver a report everyday, I would have done it on 85% of the days. Even that is breaking a promise but I seem to bend the rules all the time. When I tell our child, I will get you something, the chances are it won't be on the day I had promised. I had other errands to run so I could not do it is what I say. Its always about how many things I have to do in a day and not just work and earn money like my husband. Really, who am I kidding? Can Sachin say, I will make runs in tomorrow s match, aaj sirf khel ke aa jaaonga. I am like that. Everything can wait till tomorrow.
When people who are supposed to call and don't do it, they are branded uncaring or lazy and most times both. A friend told me that a blog is about a person s own ramblings. It took me some time to digest that truth. I want to say all I do is so global and noble. So even in my writings, the same goes. I read that Khushwant Singh said great things are created when one is in great pain and he mentioned some big European musicians and painters. I decided to follow the same. I said I will wait and when I am really angry or unhappy I shall sit to write and then my writing will turn out good. Its so easy to take short cuts.I got angry but I could not sit in front of the laptop and write for my friends. Anger is a very selfish emotion. Its the years of practice by Masters and great artists which we do not notice. The final one got created when he was in pain but what about all the work done prior to reach the great master piece. We have to toil everyday and we have to choose whether toiling is a good or a bad word in our life s dictionary.
When I write and I have a few friends sharing they liked what I wrote. I am already wanting more of these kind words so I am wondering should I write more or less. What will keep their interest alive? Its about keep the compliments coming whether I deliver or not. I have already shifting from writing from the heart to writing for Compliments. I am guilty about doing the same about cooking. I do the same with my house work. And if the compliments are not coming, I am one angry woman.

Comments

  1. Like Steve Jobs said "I live every day as though it will be my last day."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism