Men.....

The net brings in moral dilemma in my life. Who is really a friend? Whose friend request do I accept? How many BBM contacts can I have? Is it okay to delete people if they do not communicate? I do not like friend s children in my friend list on FB or BB messenger. Does it mean I don't like children? Is it okay to accept a request from a friend s friend ? Will it be fair to my friend? What if he or she doesnt like it? Earlier one had to be seen at a wedding or be introduced to a friend s cousin or friend. Now all are available on the internet.
So it is no more if my actions are right or wrong, its about have I accepted the right friends? Have I not offended anyone by accepting an invite? I am so moralistic in these things. I have to justify all my actions to myself. I get fed up of it. May be I have nothing better to do.

Bumped into an old friend the other day. We spoke about a restaurant and he said I had taken you to that place. This was 20 years back that i had been. I was cheesed. Instead of saying we went there, he implied I had paid for that dinner. In my mind, he also implied that he did not get his money s worth. I felt sick. I hear lot of people saying "For New Year s I am taking my wife to London." Is it because the men are paying that they talk like this? Is it that they feel the women are so helpless, so they have to take them everywhere. Why cant it be We are going for a holiday or New Year s eve or whatever. Won't the trip be more pleasurable if the men move from the 'I' to the 'we'. Do the men find it such a chore to take their family out? Is it that in the journey of life they want to trek alone?

Comments

  1. Dear Parul

    luv ya fr being so bold n honest in all your posts..!
    this one is just superb by you!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!
    Keep it up...!
    Love
    Malli

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism