Master of the Game

The intention of this writing is not for you to feel sorry for me.I had guys asking if I can cook. The mothers asking
If you are in a hostel, would you like to live with a family.
Where do you shop?
What do you do in your spare time?
How often do you visit your relatives?
Do you have English Western toilets at home?
Can you stay without your job?
There are meetings where i have visited the guys house and even water was rationed.
One meeting , the guy had six pegs of vodka. I thought that's so cool . He can handle his drink. My father was scandalized.
One guy was angry coz I didn't know about his institute INSEAD in France. Those days there was no google to look up these things.
One guy took me to the mirror to check my height vis a vis his. My cousin was angry about it. I was absolutely fine. He was buying a commodity and better to check it out by all parameters.
Each one said like the foreign companies do when one goes for interviews : Don't call us, we will call you.
My Dad had taught me one thing : Even if you don't like a guy, don't let him know that. We will say "No" later, you leave that to us.
I followed that to the T. In spite of all dumb and rude and impolite questions, I answered appropriately and with a smile. I was becoming a master at this game and scoring more points.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism