Its all about Human Resources

Life can be fun. Fun can be created.
Just saw two guys stopping a rickshaw walla as he spit on the road while driving. The driver of my vehicle informed me that at lots of junctions, BMC has employed people to catch people who are spitting and fine them. I could see the passengers of the auto rickshaw trying to negotiate with the BMC team. They didn't budge, thank God for that. One of them sat in the auto with the driver and asked him to pull to the kerb. Is this what is required to bring about a change in people? I know that all auto and taxi drivers have a basic minimum education that enables them to read signs, hoardings etc. Why cant their mums teach them about spitting? I am sure it is easier than teaching your child table manners.
These small little changes in the system also makes me smile. We are slowly inching towards something good. Then, I read a leading political bi monthly magazine which the husband got from a trip. God help me, nothing could me more depressing. I know all the muck sells but the muck exposed doesn't make a honest politician.They write the truth and they are in business. But does that give them the right to sensationalize it? Why cant the newspapers n news channels make it a point to say one good thing for the ten bad that happen. If only the bad was happening in this world, we would not be alive to read it.
Same goes for company Human Resources policies. The HR dept has one agenda and that is to cut costs. Bosses are told don't let your team grow, then your growth may be hampered. I have yet to meet a person who has come out satisfied after his or her appraisal. Its all about what was not achieved by the employee. All the Khunnas and I dont have an English word for it, comes out at appraisal time. Why wouldn,t a Boss guide his team thru the year instead of this 'pot calling the kettle black' syndrome.
Thanks to all the foreign management consulting firms, the companies now have a blanket ban on promotions. They have put an upper level mark as in only few can get a good appraisal ranking every year.
Ask an employee , who has left an organization, it is never with a good taste. Either the Boss says something sarcastic or acts as if he doesn't care. The colleagues treat you as if its 'good riddance to bad rubbish.'The farewell party is a strained affair with some long drawn fake speeches. No one truly wishes the person leaving the organisation, good from their heart. If all falls smooth, then the HR department takes long to clear the dues.The poor ex employee now has to run from pillar to post getting expense vouchers cleared.
Dare I not pay a maid when she wants to quit? She will rave and rant. She will talk against me to the watchmen of the building and the neighboring maids. I will not have anyone wanting to work for me. Can I tell a maid, I wont pay your bonus or you need to complete this month plus three months notice period without any leave? I dare not.
But then for a manager or a boss, the office is not like home. He is there just to please his Boss. I wonder how these people are with their own families .....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism