The Medical Shop

I am a bad shopper when it comes to buying sanitary napkins. For years, I used the brand which Mom recommended in our home town. Then guess what? They stopped making that brand of sanitary napkins. I was stuck now. I never knew what else to buy. There was this huge struggle at trying all possible brands newer, cheaper or more advanced. I am not a tv watcher so i never understand what comes in new. A chemist shop is so crowded that it is not a place to browse thru variuos coloured packets. AT a supermarket, some vague salesgirl is trying to palm off some equally unheard of brand. I am wondering if the stuff is made in hygenic conditions. So i keep trying and almost always never remember which one was a good one on my last buy.

Then we had a new medical shop opened by two young looking brothers. They were smart, knew their medicines and what the medicine did and spoke in English. Sometimes English is my comfort language with strangers. I can't talk about the brands in Gujrati or Hindi or Kutchi. Now please don't try to wonder what my mother tongue is.I could call them at any hour of the day or night and they would send the correct stuff home. Even on one odd day, when we had load shedding in our area, they managed to send my stuff at ten pm and left it with the watchman, all well packed with an old newspaper. I went to their shop yesterday. Ever since we ve moved house, I hardly ever call them for home delivery and I am always lost as to what to buy. So in their shop, I asked them to show me various colored packets. I looked n could not make out. Promptly, the shopkeeper said, you use these two always. I was pleased, shocked and stunned. How can the brother duo remember that ? Especially when they must be having a whole lot of customers and a whole lot of home deliveries being done by their delivery boys, who change every few months. I was impressed and flabbergasted. He read my expression as to how does this guy remember it ? He cracked an innane joke about how I can start a political party now that I stay amidst some politicians. We laughed together and the moment passed. Phew !

I am always going to order all my personal hygiene stuff and medicines from them. They sure have found a loyal customer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism