Job application

I called him when I saw him on the internet. Rather I found his name and phone number when I searched for him. The best part was he was looking at hiring people in his design firm. I couldn t believe my luck. I was so excited as I made this new discovery. I did not wait to think.I just went by my heart.Mind was left behind. I called him. There was no plan of action of what I will talk. My chances of getting caught were nil. He was too much of a gentleman to call back some strange girl on the same number.
I asked him for a job. There was a lot of nervousness in my voice. it just made me sound more like a job applicant. I had never done this before or dont remember it for sure. I asked for the job. Lied a bit and a bit of truth. He was calm personified. He actually sounded like a gentleman on the phone. This was going to be fun. He asked me stuff about myself very patiently. He actually gave me time to come off my mumblings and give answers. All this not in person that too on the phone. He is a hotshot at what he does or so I think. Had won a few awards in his field. Here I was telling him I dont have a clue about the work but would like to work with him. He did not say "Call during working hours" as it was saturday evening. He did not say, "speak to my secretary". Not even that "send your cv on e mail and we ll get in touch". He just patiently heard me out as if I was taking my first step in this big bad world of business and he was willing to hold my hand and help me take the baby steps.
I was so thrilled that he spoke to me so nicely. Now I had to send him my cv. I did not know whether to spill the beans that time or wait and take the game forward. The mood I was in I would ve flown to his city for the interview and surprised him. Then again, would he be shocked ? Did I believe I could shake his calm demanour into shock or surprise. I dont know if he hides his feelings beautifully or he doesn't believe in wasting the feelings by expressing it. I kept thinking of ways to take this forward. My courage was failing but there was this innate excitement which I had not experienced in years. Was it about him not knowing me or about me liking what I saw.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism