Atma Katha 3

In laws were against the match. Mother in law gave him a lot of grief.More so because her elder son had married a german.
I took him to Dhanbad after telling my parents. They liked him. Mom expected a zango disco type husband whom I d choose . SO her concern was he is too simple for you. Dad gave him a 10. My Grandmother, who is no more, also met him and liked him. We had a get together for all my cousins at home.
Then of course the in laws trauma started and continued right up to the wedding. After a year and half at Raheja, I was offered the position of Director of Sales at le Meridien. It was a new hotel in Mumbai and with a great salary and perks. I had heard that the bosses were bad but the money and position was too good to pass up. One and half years of roller coster ride had begun. Work was great but the politics was greater. No rules no discipline. just run on whims and fancies of a few. Learnt a lot. Was pregnant when they asked me to go in a very nice manner. I had served my purpose trained a new team and hotel had rocking business. I was 4 months pregnant.
Lady luck was on my side. By then, I had built a good reputation in the hotel industry and amongst corporates. So in the sixth month of my pregnancy I joined Park Hyatt Resort and Spa as Director of Sales. We had started negotiations when I was in Le Meridien itself. They were a great company to work for. The expats were amazing and really valued my inputs. An Indian interviewing me would not have ever given as job to a woman who was pregnant. Park hyatt was opening in Goa. Hyatt was really expanding In India and Park Hyatt being their top most brand, a lot was at stake. Saw the place from construction to launch. Spent a lot of time in Hyatt Mumbai and Goa, both where construction was in full swing. Got the team ready to handle the show when I went on leave.I had great set of bosses who really took care of me.
Quit when Devika was 6 months. They had actually allowed me to work 2 hours at office and rest from home. Then the annual contract of all the expats ended and a whole new set of Indian bosses came over. I knew I did not want to work in that enviroment and also that late work culture. i wanted to be with Devika and watch her grow. So became a full time Mom and house maker.
Went thru my own patch of insecurities , loss of power and money. Overcame that thanks to Landmark Forum and startd enjoying this new phase in my life.
Enjoying every moment of us sharing are lives with each other.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism