41

41 has hit me and how. These thoughts come more to me as the year is coming to an end All depressing events come to my mind. I look back and think what have I achieved. I beat myself about my non achievements. What can be a housewife's achievements? What are my targets or budgets to achieve? What are my SMRs( Specific Measurable Results)

I don't even have the energy I had few years back. I don't have the enthusiasm or the patience I had earlier. I feel I look old. You can say suddenly I have beauty issues, weight issues, body image issues, self confidence issues....

I have given up work now for nine years. So can't even imagine joining the corporate bandwagon. Mentally I am fit but physically I tire out easily. I now find the sun harsh. Though I run all my house errands in the afternoon. I cant handle outside food. I don't consume alcohol but I do feel bloated and groggy after a late night. Late night is now 1130 pm for me. I don't like crowded malls. I can not eat in the food courts, they sicken me.
To make resolutions, I need to see what I have achieved. Except weight, there is nothing gained on the physical front. Spiritually, who keeps a benchmark? What do I create for myself for next year? Is my joy only in my husband's success or my children's happiness? Is good results in measurable things, the only way to look at my life's achievements? Have I donated money for a cause? Have I done charity? I really have a NO for all the questions.
Is it required to go into self inquiry as the end is approaching?

Comments

  1. Ben..!

    no it is not at all required to go into self inquiry. You r awesome as you are, n you look beautiful,have a good body n inteligent mind!!
    So Chill n plan a new year Party...!
    Zindagi na milegi dobara :) :)
    luv yaaaa !!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ben. That is what I felt like hearing. Shukriya:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism