Atma Katha 2

Actually story mein spice daalne ke chakkar mein , Main spouse ke baare mein likhna bhool gayee thi.
So Jaideep is this quiet suave guy who just talks work with me. Never strayed beyond that. When i was about to change my job, the fear that he is a client I work for went away. I used to seek his advice for the kind of job etc. I was going alone to Bangkok on my first holiday abroad and he was so encouraging. When I quit my job at the Oberoi finally we became friends. He did his BE electronics from VJTI , Mumbai. Then he went for his MBA to IIM A . One never hears him talk about all that. Thank God one bragger per family is enough. We used to swim together every evening after work and then I d usually walk with him to churchgate before he left for home. Jaideep has one brother in Germany. He is married to a German and they have 3 adorable children.
At Raheja, I was the boss and my team members had to visit him for business. It was a bit funny. Now this was the time, both are folks wanted us married. We would discuss meetings with guys/gals and what we wanted from our lives. Remember he went to see a girl in Nagpur and called me saying what should I do. i said Say yes and then bawled my heart out.

He comes back and wants to buy me a ring or rather pay for a gold ring for me. I was like whaaaat? He is saying yes to another woman and then wants to buy me a ring. Once my good friend Priya said if you like him, you have to ask. Atleast you wont have any regrets later. Imagine meeting almost every day that he was in town but not being able to know his true feelings. Lots of meetings were at the airport before departure, coz he used to travel a lot those days. I really had to gather all my courage. Still remember the walk after the swim, I really prayed to God at a roadside temple under a tree. Just realised the other day that the authorities have razed that temple :( I asked him that look Jaideep I cant take the ring from you coz a ring means something. And if you are paying for it for the sake of it, it doesn t work. So is it that you want to marry me.? There I said it and pin drop silence from the other end. Mumbai traffic was never more jarring. In the end, he said I dont want to hurt you and shook my hands and said Bye. "Good Parul. atleast you asked and life is a gamble and atleast you played your cards rest is also his choice. mana kiya toh kya hua types". Hostel aa ke toh bahut bura lag raha tha. But atleast now I knew his answer.
Post mid night he called saying can you come to the airport tomorrow morning I am leaving for Cochin. I said sure, it does not change anything between us. That drive the next morning was so full of trepidation. We went to a coffee shop and then violins played while i tried to cooly sip my fresh lime. He talked about his love at first sight for me. Me being a free spirit and from a business rich socio eco background. How all his family is educated and are working in jobs not business. How much adjustment I ll have to make and how tough it ll be for me etc etc....
One noon he came to office un announced and said lets go for a walk. Little strange behaviour but I was like ok. In the tree lined by lanes near my office we walked then sat at a Gayatri temple on the bench outside as the temple was closed. He put the ring on my finger and proposed.
Prem kahani ke pehla chapter yahan samapt hota hai....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nange Paon in Navratri

Antakshari

Shraddh period in Hinduism